Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The method to my madness

In an act of great defiance against Cable and the massive bill I incurred monthly I opted to disconnect and live on Internet TV in January of 2013.  I was moving into a new world where I would spend less time in front of the boob tube watching Showtime, HBO and DVR in the wonderful world of HD.  I would instead spend time riding bikes, walking the dog, reading and for artsy purposes scrapbooking and quilting (or some shit like that).

To save myself even greater financial pains I invested in 2 Roku's AND Apple TV so that my televisions themselves would not go to waste.  I also purchased HULU, Netflix, Amazon Prime and have managed to convince my friends that borrowing their HBO Go passwords would endear me to them for life!

Due to the pains of having limited viewing pleasure (insert eye roll and exasperated sigh here) I seek out new shows to spend hours of my existence watching.... episodes and seasons.... back to back. 

Admittedly, living in Arizona, 80 degrees on the couch is preferred to 108 in the blistering sun.  With all my justifications aside, I am feeling far less guilty in my boob tubing.

Anywho, let's begin.

Game of Thrones.  These are the words I repeatedly here on Monday mornings as I enter my great workplace.  Have I seen it, oh my god, last nights episode was amazing, I can't believe it!  My previous complaints about "Game of Thrones" was too many characters and all kinds of weird names which makes it really hard to follow.  Yeah, I said it, darn confusing and I couldn't suffer through another Lord of the Rings.  Okay, now that I've thoroughly irritated most let me remind you that I am a girl and my favorite movie of all time is The Goonies.  With this bit of knowledge please compare to the complexity of Game of Thrones and cut me some slack.

So, let's return to the point at hand, which is I'm spending more time than ever before watching bad Television and I needed a new show.  Season 3, final episode, or one of the last episodes of Game of Thrones just happened and the viewers at my work place were literally flipping the fuck out!  And I quote, Katie you have got to watch this show!

With nothing better to do then start yet another monotonous task of watching multiple seasons and multiple episodes I am embarking on The Game of Thrones journey.  I'm also going to blog about it so hope you enjoy!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment